Friday 14 May 2010

Coffee & Saris

I've started drinking coffee.

I'm not sure how it happened, and I'm definitely in the early, insecure, not knowing the status of our relationship phase, but there you have it. Milk and 2 sugars please. (all the proper coffee drinkers can now slag away).

Well, it's Friday and that can only mean one thing. Work is the last place I want to be. Not because I don't love my job...I do. I really do. In fact, it has been really fulfilling this week. Training, interviews, events for mentors, events for young people...all good.

In other news, this weekend I'm heading to my very first Hindu wedding! I've got my sari all ready and I'm off to get some henna done tonight at the brides house. So by all accounts, come Sunday morning, I should basically blend in with the other 600 asian friends and family attending? Regardless, I'm excited for my friend, and I'm excited to see how this culture does things...

Also, my darling mother and auntie moe arrive on Sunday! I haven't seen my mum in 7 whole months, so I plan on smothering her for a few days and doing some fun Londoney things.

All in all, my body is weary but my spirit is happy.

1 comment:

Branvan said...

Hey Mel, that is very funny about you just starting to drink coffee, because I have started too, so long, farewell to the coffee virgins. I love your music, and can't wait to hear more. What platforms/organizations are you supporting with your music? Maybe I should keep reading and I'll find out. Congrats on your success, and God bless. Hope your keeping God at the center, but what else would you?!