Thursday 24 April 2008

Better

I'm currently working on a new song for The Salvation Army's 'Embrace' Campaign. This campaign will be promoting the need for child sponsorship; giving hope and a future to children caught in the trap of poverty and no family.

I love being able to add to the beauty that this campaign is already bringing to kids everywhere. It is once again an honour to use my voice to provoke people, to challenge and hopefully inspire others into action.

Here are the words....the song will be up on my myspace in the next week.


My mammas sittin up in bed with her head held high
She says “I’m leaving you my baby in a little while,
In a little while, it’s gonna be just you.
Well your brothers and your sisters gonna need you now
So be strong my little fella and I’ll tell you how:
Gotta keep on believing, things are gonna get a little better”

A little better is not too much to ask
A little better to see you smile
A little better to watch you walk so tall
A little better to keep your pride
A little better the seed in all of us
A little better we all could be
A little better is not too much to ask
A little better…to set you free

A little time went on and my mammas gone
My little brothers and my sisters think that I’m so strong
I’m so strong, I don’t know what to tell them
And I stay awake at night because they cry so much
And I hear my mammas voice and I feel her touch saying
“Keep on believing child, things’ll get a little better”

And then one morning when the sun was low
And I was getting up to work in the fields below
In the fields below, we gotta live somehow
A good man came to the window and he said “Dear Child
I’ve got a message for you here” and I saw his smile
He said “I think that things are just about to get a little bit better”

No comments: