Wednesday 9 April 2008

Hey guys,

Just to update you on all things music...It was a busy lead up but Dave and I are now into our last couple of days in Canada, visiting and relaxing with family and friends.

Before we headed across I had a great couple of gigs around Belfast. Each of those gigs has led to more gigs, which I guess is a great start to what seems like the endless road in self-promotion and booking up places to get myself out there.

I've been so grateful and fortunate to have an amazing team of supporters around me and an equally amazing bunch of people that are helping me make my album. John Ryan, who is a former Dubliner, now residing in Belfast is helping me out by playing guitar and bringing my songs to life. He is an excellent musician and an even better guy. It has been really fun and rewarding to hear what he is bringing to the table and I look forward to more creative input from his side.

Also along for the ride is Marty Timlin, a new friend that has agreed to play upright bass for the live gigs and the recordings as well. Marty is really accomplished a really wise and fun guy to be around. These two have made the prospect of doing gigs more exciting for me, and we click really well.

Another couple of friends, Gus and Eilis, have agreed to plug into what is happening and are on team as my engineers, producers, connecting gurus and general sounding boards for all things technical for the album. I am so so grateful to have them on board and know that their experience, knowledge and support for what I am doing is going to make this record memorable.

As well these guys, I am looking forward to pulling in some really talented folks to contribute their musical skills on the recording. We have brass players, strings and some percussion in the works.

The plan so far is to get us all together a few times when we get back on Northern Irish sod and then head to the studio at the end of April/beginning of May to put the tracks together. I'm so excited for you all to hear these songs in their finest form. It's coming together nicely, but there is plenty of work ahead of us all.

So, thank you again for all your support, and please continue to plug in. I have had a really amazing friend put together a website for me, which is looking pretty fancy. It will be up at www.melwiggins.co.uk in about a week or two and I hope to faithfully update as the recording process goes on. So tune in, wontcha?

Loads of love,
Mel x

No comments: