Sunday 6 April 2008

Canadia & Chicago Jazz

Hey all,

Right now, Dave and I are in Canada, bringing in the Spring with my family and friends. We've already done a bit of a roadtrip to Chicago and had such a good time seeing the sights, doing a bit of shopping and eating far too much.

One of the nights we were there we went to a jazz club called 'Pops For Champagne', which was uber cool. They have a champagne bar upstairs, and live music in the basement every night. There was a trio playing, and we sat and listened to some of the classics being performed.

I love jazz and blues.

There is something so simple, yet so catchy about that era. It gives me the warm and fuzzy's! I always feel like I'm transported back to the 50's when I hear it.

I think I'm going to try and incorporate a bit of this sound into my album...experiment a little.

No comments: